Thursday, July 16, 2009

Some reading sharing...

I had just finished a reading on an article from Reader's Digest of July 2009 edition. The title of the article was '5 Tips from the Obamas on Raising Children'. I am not a person who involved on politics nor supporting any of them. However, after I read this article about the '1st man' and his family, I am respecting him as a good father. Altough he had been the president of United States of America, the caring of the family especially his children hadn't been reduced. There are some parenting aspect that I am very agree on it. One of the most important issue is as parents must try to fully participate on children's growing life. Besides that, communication is very important in a family. Children likes to talk and share since they had a language to communicate with the parents. Be a good listener! Share ideas and opinion with your children. I remembered my mum shared with me that sharing life experience, values and ideas with own children before bedtime is the best timing. My mum used to shared stories with me and sister during bedtime when we were young at our double decker bed. That was the best memories of me and my sister.



There is another interesting part from the article that i had read was Obamas had settup new play set for his children with tyre swing and rope ladder outside the Oval Office of the White House. He do fully agreed on Dr Spinks Franklin, a paediatrician at Baylor College of Medicine in Taxes that 'The Kids have to use basic play skills like motor skills and pretending rather than only TV shows and video-game playing.'



Thats roughly about my sharing from my reading, for those that interested in details about the article can go for Reader's Digest of July 2009.

*Again that this is just a sharing from reading, none of any issue about politics*
Obamas and his family =)

1 comment:

  1. Amazingly enough, kids can already communicate before they can even speak. Kids around the age of 1 can already learn sign language, and with as few words as Yes, No, More, Milk and Sleep, can already begin to communicate their basic needs.

    Regards
    Mark
    earlychildcare.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete